Email has been around for 45 years and it is one of the oldest online marketing mediums. New forms of online communication have come around but email is still the most prevalent. The graphic below shows the history and evolution of email.
View an enlarged version of this Infographic »
Email stats to tweet:
- Over 97% of emails sent are spam »tweet«
- Email began life at MIT in 1965 »tweet«
- Two billion emails are estimated to be sent each day »tweet«
- There are 1.3 billion email users worldwide »tweet«
- The estimated cost of unsolicited emails to businesses in 2007 was $100 billion »tweet«