Color has a powerful psychological influence on the human brain. Learn how others have harnessed it and how you can do the same.
Click on the infographic below to view a larger version:
Want to display this infographic on your site?
Facts and Stats To Tweet:
- 92.6% of people say the visual dimension is the #1 influencing factor affecting their purchase decision (over taste, smell, etc.). »tweet«
- Studies suggest that people make a subconscious judgment about a product within 90 seconds of initial viewing. Up to 90% of that assessment is based on color alone. »tweet«
- One study found that magazine readers recognize full-color ads 26% more often than black-and-white ads. »tweet«
- Heinz changed the color of their signature ketchup from red to green and sold over 10 million bottles in the first 7 months, resulting in $23 million in sales. »tweet«
- Hermie, P., Lanckriet, T., Lansloot, K. and Peeters, S. Stop/watch: everything on the impact of advertisements in magazines. Medialogue; 2005.
- Adapted from “Building Accessible Websites”. Copyright © Joe Clark, 2002. All rights reserved. Used with permission.