This infographic is brought to you by KISSmetrics and Wistia. In partnership, both KISSmetrics and Wistia have teamed up and designed the infographic below regarding the importance of video marketing, play rates and attention spans. Click Here To Try Wistia For Free For 15 Days.
In recent years, online video has evolved into a powerful (and cost effective) marketing tool. Video is becoming what a website was a decade ago – something that gave nimble, early adopters an edge over the competition. However, if time and money are going to be spent making a video, it also pays to analyze your video traffic and determine how to increase your viewership. Use the following guidelines to help fine tune your video-making endeavors and maximize your viewership.
Click on the graphic below for an enlarged view.
Try Wistia for Free
Facts and Stats to Tweet:
- The average sustained attention span for an online video is about 60 seconds. »tweet«
- Attention span decreases the longer one watches an online video. »tweet«
- Play rate: The percentage of unique visitors that click play when presented with a video. »tweet«
- According to a study done by Wistia, the average video play rate is 16.9%. »tweet«
- 1 out of every 6 people who loads a page with a video watches it. »tweet«
- Wistia learned from their own home page tests that 30% of prospective customers watch the home page video. »tweet«