A well-built sales funnel is never complete until every part of it has been tested and optimized. For maximum success, marketers should dig deep and experiment with every customer interaction point. What follows is a brief guide that outlines what things are good to regularly test and optimize—including PPC, media buys, landing pages, and email campaigns. You don’t have to test everything all at once. Start with the marketing activity the produces the highest return and then work your way down.
Click on the image below to view an enlarged version of this infographic:
Want to display this infographic on your site?
Simply copy and paste the code below into the html of your website to display the infographic presented above:
Tips and Tricks to Tweet:
- Too many unrelated links within eyesight of your call to action can distract visitors and lead them away from your sales funnel. »tweet«
- Some fonts are easier on the eyes than others, and experimenting with various sizes and styles can have a noticeable impact on the success of your sales funnel. »tweet«
- Use KISSmetrics to A/B test your landing pages and easily view their performance with the best conversion funnels in the business. »tweet«
- Fewer form fields don’t necessarily mean more sign ups. Sometimes, as in the case of lead generation, it’s beneficial to add extra form fields to extract more information. »tweet«
- Use KISSinsights to find out what copy and keywords are attracting customers, and use them in future ads. »tweet«
- Try displaying your ads on a wide variety of websites and test the responsiveness of each site’s audience to build an optimized display network. »tweet«
- KISSmetrics can track which combination of displays ads and landing pages are producing the best ROI. »tweet«